Should I have collision and comprehensive auto coverage

Having the correct type of car insurance is important for your peace of mind. Nothing is worse than needing to file a claim and finding out your auto insurance doesn’t provide the correct coverage. In California, drivers are required to carry liability insurance and also uninsured motorist insurance. That makes other drivers feel safer on the road and it does protect you in the event you cause an accident from having to pay out of pocket for the damage you caused to the other driver’s vehicle. At WPL Insurance Services in Santa Clarita, CA we provide reliable service you can count on. 

But what about your car? If you are the responsible party in an accident or if you are the victim of an event over which you have no control, who will pay to repair your vehicle?  If you only have liability and uninsured motorist insurance you will have to pay for the repairs to your vehicle yourself. If you are comfortable with that and have access to thousands of dollars then you don’t need to have collision or comprehensive insurance. 

If however, you are like most people, you need your vehicle to go about your daily life and you probably don’t have the ready cash to pay for the repair yourself. Collision insurance will pay for damage to your car in an accident where you are at fault. Comprehensive insurance protects your vehicle from theft, vandalism, hail, and other things including large animals who run into your path. It also includes glass coverage so you won’t have to drive with a cracked windshield. 

If you are in the market for a new auto insurance carrier  WPL Insurance Services in Santa Clarita, CA is an independent agency and can offer you an extensive choice of top carriers. Why not stop in or give us a call for a free quote.